Technical Lead - Data Engineering
ShopDev is a full-service technology and design company specializing in software & product
development and technology acceleration. We have 150+ employees working with enterprise clients and
growth stage startups globally. We strategize, design, and build best-in-class digital products, transform
teams, and co-create disruptive business models. We work as technology innovation partners with our
clients, helping them adapt and thrive in the digital era.
About The Role:
At Shopdev, we love to craft high-end technology products for our clients. Our fast-paced Agile
programming environment is exciting and well integrated, we work closely with industry experts to deliver
meaningful experiences using the most cutting edge technology.
We are looking for a Technical Lead in Data Engineering with 6+ years of experience – ideally in the
E-Commerce domain. As a Lead Data Engineer – EDW and Analytics, you will design, implement, and
manage Data Models, ETLs/ELTs and Reports/Dashboards/Visualizations that will enable customers –
turn data into actionable insights. Ideal candidate is an expert of data design and analysis, building data
pipelines and ETL processes with a passion to enable stakeholders with data-driven solutions and
insights with highest quality and attention to detail.
● Lead large-scale full-lifecycle enterprise data warehousing projects. Proven skills in data warehousing design/modeling, tuning, data cleansing, ETL process development, including scalability, performance, and high availability.
● Design, develop, deploy, and maintain Reports/Dashboards/Visualizations that can scale.
● Technically lead end-to-end Data Warehousing architecture (i.e. Kimball/Dimensional modeling techniques in Oracle/AWS/Snowflake architecture and best practices).
● Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, data quality etc.
● Develop and maintain documentation of the data architecture, data flow and data models.
● Be responsible for preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs).
● Ability to take ownership and drive end-to-end deliverables.
● Desire to mentor junior team members and develop their skills.
Job Requirements and Skills:
● B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
● 6+ years of overall work experience in data engineering.
● At least 2+ years of hands-on experience leading projects on Snowflake platform.
● Must have Snowflake expertise in Design and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (PaaS, and SaaS) services and solutions.
● Analyze, architect, design, and actively develop cloud data warehouses, data lakes, data vaults and other cloud-based data solutions.
● Experience in Big Data technologies and concepts on Hadoop, Apache Spark, AWS and Snowflake platform and willing/adapting to future technologies. Experience with high-speed messaging frameworks and streaming (Kafka etc.).
● Experience with data driven frameworks that use cloud native technologies (SQS/SNS or similar).
● Experience using big data infrastructure tools such as Python, SQS and Redshift. A suitable candidate will be proficient in Scala, Spark, Spark Streaming, AWS and EMR.
● Strong experience in relational databases like Teradata/ Postgres/ Oracle / SQL Server etc. and object data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
● Expertise in one or more ETL tools such as Informatica, Talend, Tableau, Matillion etc.
● Must have experience with a wide range of persistence stores such as columnar MPP, relational, and NoSql/document databases.
● Strong communication skills.
Why join ShopDev?
● When you start at ShopDev, you’ll get exposure to countless opportunities within the organization, and get to work on extremely exciting projects in an international setting.
● Work in an entrepreneurial setting that supports openness to innovative ideas.
● Work with highly intelligent and driven team members who display a high degree of initiative, motivation and flexibility.
● We offer a highly competitive salary, excellent benefits, health and insurance coverage, generous paid holidays, and life & work balance.
The full-time position will be based in Lahore at our company office, in a fast-paced, creative, young and collaborative startup environment.
Send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
We are looking to hire immediately.